October 27, 2007

Fires in San Diego County

First, I want to say that we were never in any real harm's way and that we are safe. However, it was a freaky couple of days with not knowing where the wind would blow or how fast so I did pack bags for all of us just in case.

Second, my heart goes out to every family who lost their home in one of the many recent fires. I cannot even imagine the pain of their loss. I only wish that I was able to help in some way.

I am blogging today because it has been a strange week. The places that we visited this month have been placed in danger and were evacuated due to the fires. I am still trying to find out if they survived. It is a weird feeling because we were just there and then the fires broke out and have destroyed so much. It makes me very sad...for the residents of those particular areas and for the residents of all of San Diego County.

1 comments:

amberd. said...

Hey... You've been tagged! Go to my blog to find out why.