September 27, 2007

Is this the face of an Angel?

This is Dylan... expressing himself!

Dylan gets mommy time everyday once Ryan heads off to school. This time varies from 1 - 2 hours depending on how slowly we are moving. Dylan and I spend the time coloring, learning shapes, colors, numbers, ABC's and words of things around the house. We also spend alot of quality time together with Dylan just sitting in my lap and me holding my arms around him, kissing his soft wispy hair. I never had "mommy" or "quality" time with Dylan before. I was always working hard to bring home the bacon. I never realized that I was hurting him and myself in the process. Two months ago, Dylan didn't give hugs or kisses or let anyone hold him if he was hurt. Now, he hugs me about every 5 minutes, especially if he did something he shouldn't have. He also wants me to hold him all the time by coming over to me, looking up at me with those big blue eyes, holding his arms up and saying, "High". High is his word for up. I try to never turn down that request, especially since I love to hold him and whisper to him how much I love him.

I love you Dylan, even when you fake cry because you have to leave mommy.

0 comments: